Slideshow

...about genre.

When I first began writing last year and experienced writers asked me, "What's your genre?" the answer was easy. I had one story I was burning to tell, and it was historical.

Now, though, the question is harder to answer, because, after I wrote that first novel, the next novel I wrote was a mystery. (At least, I think it's a mystery. It has blackmail, a murder, a hitman, a couple of villains...but it also has a romance in it. Confusing.)

Ok. So, now my answer became, "historical and murder mystery."

But writing short stories using writing prompts lately has muddied the waters. I've written fantasy and horror stories, and a couple that I can't classify.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, please don't ask what genre I write, because I don't know any more.

No comments: