Slideshow

...about conferences.

Last Thursday, another member of the Panhandle Writers Group and I traveled to Tuscaloosa, Alabama to attend the 2009 Southeastern Christian Writers Conference. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I looked forward to attending the conference sessions, plus, I would have an opportunity to display and sell copies of my three published novels. Exciting!

I'll have to tell you...I was blown away.

The SCWC is the oldest writers conference in the country, and I found that fact alone impressive. But after being there just a few hours, I saw why it has been around so long. The workshops were well-planned and designed to inspire Christian writers and equip them with practical information they need to succeed. And every effort had been made to make the conference a positive and valuable experience for attendees.

Even more impressive, though, is the fact that the conference owes its existence to the loving ministry of one family: the Sloans. David and Joanne Sloan, their children and grandchildren worked tirelessly to ensure a smooth-running event.

I'll have more to say about this wonderful experience in future posts. For now, I just want to say, "thanks."

4 comments:

thebigguyinSF said...

Sounds good Tommie you seem to get to more of these than I do!

Anonymous said...

This was my second conference but my first Christian conference...and it was fantastic! Hope you'll get to attend one soon.

Unknown said...

Did you sell lots of books?

Anonymous said...

Only seven, but I was pleased as punch...because fiction wasn't the going thing...inspirational non-fiction was the big seller.